Doga Enerji Plant Achieves Commercial Operation

Edison Mission Energy, an Edison International company, announced today the start of commercial operation of the Doga Enerji Cogeneration Project in the Esenyurt suburb of Istanbul, Turkey. The 180-megawatt plant is the first independent power project under the country's Build Own Transfer (BOT) program to achieve commercial operation. The clean and efficient project also is Turkey's first power plant to employ district heating technology. In addition to generating much needed power for Turkiye Elektrik, A.S. (TEAS), the facility also is providing heat to 14,000 new homes in the nearby Esenkent housing complex. The plant began providing heat to the complex in December. "Commercial operation is a tremendous accomplishment for everyone involved in the project," said Edward R. Muller, president and chief executive officer of Edison Mission Energy. "The Doga Enerji project will benefit the people of Istanbul in many ways, providing efficient, reliable electricity and solid environmental performance," Muller said. Edison Mission Energy owns 80 percent of the project. The remaining 20 percent is held by Turkish investors. Edison Mission Energy and its partners developed the project in response to Turkey's economic reforms agenda, which calls for increasing privatization and foreign investment in the country's infrastructure development efforts. The Overseas Private Investment Corporation, an agency of the United States and Nederlandsche Credietverzerking Maatschappij, an agency of the Dutch government, provided finance and insurance support. Edison International is a world leader in energy production, distribution, research and technology, capital financing and the marketing of consumer products and services. Headquartered in Rosemead, California, Edison International is the parent company of Southern California Edison, Edison Enterprises, Edison Capital and Edison Mission Energy. Edison Mission Energy specializes in the development, acquisition, construction management and operation of global power production facilities. As one of the world's leading global power producers, Edison Mission Energy's investments include 58 projects currently operating in Australia, New Zealand, Spain, Turkey, the United Kingdom and the United States and seven plants under construction in Australia, Indonesia, Italy, New Zealand, Thailand and the United States (Puerto Rico). In total, these projects represent approximately 15,000 megawatts of generating capacity. In addition, Edison Mission Energy recently announced that it will acquire two approximately 2,000-megawatt coal-fired power stations in the United Kingdom currently owned by PowerGen and 9,775 megawatts of coal and gas-fired electricity generating facilities in the Midwest region of the United States currently owned by Commonwealth Edison. Both transactions are expected to close in 1999. ots Original Text Service: Edison Mission Energy Internet: Contact: Randall D. Oliver of Edison Mission Energy, 949-798-7840, fax, 949-225-7740 (in the USA)

Klíčová slova

Praha, Česká republika (ce)


Přihlásit k odběru

Materiály označené značkou Protext nejsou součástí zpravodajského servisu ČTK a nelze je publikovat pod její značkou. Jde o komerční sdělení zadavatele, který je ve zprávě označen a který za ně nese plnou odpovědnost.