Edison International Unit Acquires Norweb's 20 Percent of Roosecote Power Project

London (PROTEXT)

Edison International's (NYSE: EIX) wholly owned power generation subsidiary, Edison Mission Energy, today announced it has acquired Norweb's 20 percent interest in the Roosecote Power Project for pound sterling 9.6 million (US$15.5 million). Edison Mission Energy already owns the other 80 percent of the 220-megawatt gas fired power station located at Barrow-in- Furness in Northern England. Edison Mission Energy said the transaction would be immediately accretive to earnings. Edison International is a world leader in energy production, distribution, research and technology, capital financing and the marketing of consumer products and services. Headquartered in Rosemead, California, Edison International is the parent company of Southern California Edison, Edison Mission Energy, Edison Enterprises and Edison Capital. Edison Mission Energy specialises in the development, acquisition, construction management and operation of global power production facilities. As one of the world's leading global power producers, Edison Mission Energy's investments include 65 projects currently operating or under construction in Australia, Indonesia, Italy, New Zealand, Spain, Thailand, Turkey, the United Kingdom and the United States. In total, these projects represent approximately 19,400 megawatts of generating capacity. In addition, Edison Mission Energy is in the process of acquiring more than 9,500 megawatts of generating capacity in the Midwest region of the United States. ots Original Text Service: Edison Mission Energy Internet: http://www.newsaktuell.de Contact: S. Linn Williams, United Kingdom, +44-171-312-4000, or fax, +44-171- 312-4044, or Randall D. Oliver, United States, 949-798-7840, or fax, 949-225-7740, both of Edison Mission Energy; or Anthony Cardew or Peter Gaze, both of Cardew & Co., +44-171-930-0777, for Edison Mission Energy

Klíčová slova PROTEXT-Edison International's-Edison Mission Energy

Oblast
Evropa, EU, NATO (es)

Kategorie
Energetika, suroviny

ZASÍLÁNÍ ZPRÁV
Přihlásit k odběru

Upozornění:
Materiály označené značkou Protext nejsou součástí zpravodajského servisu ČTK a nelze je publikovat pod její značkou. Jde o komerční sdělení zadavatele, který je ve zprávě označen a který za ně nese plnou odpovědnost.